Saturday, November 27, 2010

Last night...

Last night I was a gypsy. Not just any gypsy, but one that could fly and throw meteors from her hands. I would fly over a dark city, and throw meteors at whoever chased me. The only thing I could see were men dying at the first encounter with my meteors, their brooms were the only things left. I guess the brooms were meteor resistant; anyways, this does not matter, the only thing that matters is that I was flying.
In the past I used to have dreams where I would fly all the time. It became so constant in my dreams that I looked it up in dreammoods.com.  This website said that dreams where you are flying fall under lucid dreams. Lucid dreams are dreams where you know you are dreaming and are able to make your dreams anything you want.  Thinking it was pretty cool, I searched for ways to have lucid dreams all the time. I remember finding a method where you rock back and forth, this somehow lets you become aware that you are dreaming. I started doing this in my head, for example I just close my eyes and pretend I am going in circles. I kept doing this for a couple of days, and I believe it did help. During those days I had the greatest dreams ever, i would dream about a map, and I would decide what country I wanted to go to. I was able to see so many things. It got to a point where I was in a different country every day, seeing the people I hardly get to see. Not only this but every dream became a great movie, where I was able to have all sorts of super powers. But then, I eventually stopped trying to have these dreams. The main reason was that I was unsure if I was really having lucid dreams, I began to think that I was just dreaming about actually having them.
Anyways, lucid dreams can be of great benefit to you. You are able to do many things you don’t get the chance to do while you are awake. For example, studying! You can keep on reviewing facts in your dreams! Now that I think about it, every day before I had a US History exam I would review the information in my dreams. This would help memorize things while getting rest. According to dreammoods.com you can use lucid dreams to practice for a speech, overcome fears and a lot more. I believe everyone should try to have lucid dreams, so that they can make their dreams anything they want, to explore things they are normally afraid of, or to just study, ha-ha. Now, I will try to have lucid dreams once again, I had forgotten how great it felt to fly.




1 comment:

  1. This is actually quite fascinating. Thanks for sharing the website. I never remember my dreams, and I'm not sure I've ever had a lucid dream--or if I have, I have since forgotten.

    ReplyDelete